Press "Enter" to skip to content

33 Lives Massacre in an Arson Attack On Anime Studio in Japan

A man suspected of igniting an animation studio in western Japan shouted that he had been borrow and appeared to have planned the attack, media said on Friday after a blaze that killed 33 people in Japan’s worst mass killing in two decades.

A woman who saw the suspect stated reporters. The 41-year-old man “seemed to be discontented, and he seemed to get angry, shouting something about how he had plagiarized,”

The unspecified man shouted “Die!” before dousing the entrance to Kyoto Animation headquarters with what seems to be petrol and setting it ablaze around 10:30 a.m. (0130 GMT) on Thursday, media reported.

The blaze killed 33 people, and another ten people were in critical condition, authorities said late on Thursday, in Japan’s worst mass killing since a suspected arson attack in Tokyo killed 44 people in 2001.

Police searched through the smoke shell of the building for clues on Friday.

A man features the suspect went to a petrol station on Thursday with two 20-liter cans, Japanese media said. Two boxes, a rucksack, and a trolley were found near the site, and television footage showed what appeared to be five long knives laid out on the ground outside the three-story building.

NHK showed footage of what it stated appeared to be the suspect lying on his back on the ground as he spoke to a police officer, shoeless and with what appeared to be burned on his right leg below the knee.

Kyoto Animation, situated in a quiet suburb about 20 minutes by train from the center of Japan’s ancient capital, produces popular “anime” series such as the “Sound! Euphonium”.

The studio sits between two train lines close to a stream amid houses and small apartment blocks, a few stores and a taxi company parking lot. The area was segregate off on Friday morning. A few of the original 30 or so fire trucks remained in the streets but with their lights off. Some firefighters appeared to be still dousing the smoldering building.

A 30-year-old Chinese man Jun Shin, living in nearby Osaka, came to the site on Thursday night to lay flowers near the burnt-out office and say a prayer.

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *